Monday, April 6, 2015

For Easter We Went To the Johnston Family For Dinner

April 3, 2015 Mission Leadership Council
Sister Weaver and Sister King, Wausau
Sisters at Lunch

April 6, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

For Easter we went to the Johnston family's for dinner and then I used the egg full of the symbols of Easter you sent me last Easter for an egg hunt for the kids and then they all had one of the symbols. We made the Elders search too :) It turned out to be a good lesson as we used each thing to tell the story of Easter. Thanks!

Thank you so much for my necklace!! I have gotten so many compliments on it already...and the candy also of course :) Thanks for sending me the Church News, too. It's nice to see what is happening in the world (sorta). I about had an aneurism when I heard Kim B. Clark's name read from the pulpit during General Conference!! I was like ahhhhh!!!!!!! I'm really not surprised he got called as a Seventy. I remember when he came to our Stake's Q&A at BYU-I once and when he entered, I was slapping my FHE bro's shoulder: "He's here! He's here!" And I got an annoyed answer of "Relax, he's not a General Authority." Well WHAT NOW! haha It was after General Conference I read the article about him being released by Elder Nelson. I think I would have shed some tears if I were there. Just saying.

Yeah if you could wish Brittany and Karissa all the best of luck and congratulations in the world, that would be so epically awesome! I am so proud of both of them for moving on to this chapter of their lives with faith. PLEASE send me Brittany's announcement! I feel so bad I haven't spoken to her in a year and a half! But that's so cool she's getting married on the day Eric (from Sun Prairie) gets baptized! Woohoo!

Yeah UVU would be cool because it's in Utah (where the majority of LDS future hubby-potential will most likely yield promising results) and it will probably also yield more promising potential for missionary opportunities for sure more so than BYU. But we will see where the Lord wants me.

Thank you for those words of inspired counsel from our dear prophet, seer, and revelator Thomas S. Monson.

This week has been a busy one but miracles never cease to pour out on this mission! The Because He Lives video initiative has helped so many people come unto Christ and remember him this Easter season. Every person who we gave cards to said they would watch the video so we look forward to following up with as many as we can this week :)

We went to contact a less active and decided to walk there, hoping the Spirit would prompt us to talk with everyone we saw. And lo and behold we were led to Angie! She talked with us for a while about her faith in God and how He has helped her overcome her struggles and we were able to teach her the Restoration and give her a Book of Mormon. Although she said she was sort of studying with the Jehovah Witnesses, she was willing to read and pray to know if this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. We look forward to following up with her on Tuesday!

We met a lot of promising potentials as well. Brad, a man who had given up looking for the right church, took a Book of Mormon and we told him to not give up searching! He will become a new investigator soon!

We finally met with Blake and taught him the next lesson! The Lissner's are doing well and are on the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson...Sister Lissner wants her Patriarchal Blessing and she and Brother Lissner are prepping for doing baptisms for the dead. They look forward to being sealed!

Kelly is down to 2 cigarettes! We hope that she will quit for good this week and maintain it!

I'm going to re-iterate what I told sissy in her email:

I stand by what I said before conference: this one would hail A LOT of new and surprising things. I feel like we as a world and a people in the church are teetering on the precipice of something terrible...but eventually good. The second coming is closer than we realize...men's hearts are beginning to fail them more, just like President Bednar said in his talk. And those in the First Presidency, including President Monson, and those in the Church are feeling that weight. But all is not lost...I'm reminded of the scripture in

Mark 10:

  25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
 26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
 27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
 28 ¶Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
 29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,
 30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
 31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
May we all leave all the things that bind us to the world and seek after things of God. For it is in Him that we have safety and salvation. He is always there, so why have we need to fear? It truly saddens me to hear how many do fear to the point of their hearts failing to act upon what they once knew to be true and instead shift their values to things that really don't hold any value...like twisting what once was viewed as "religious discrimination."

Keep up the faith! I love you all more than I love Cadbury eggs (especially when they make my tummy hurt!)

Love,


-Sister Weaver-

Last Years 

This year! Didn't mean to do that!
MLC with the peeps from the MTC!    


No comments:

Post a Comment