Thursday, November 6, 2014

I'm Glad To Hear You Guys Had A Fun Halloween

November 3, 2014

It Snowed

Dear Family & Friends,

I'm glad to hear you guys had a fun Halloween of vegetation and tube-watching...I admit I sometimes dream about watching TV...SOMETIMES). Halloween here was so fun...Sister Pink, a less-active, invited us to her house a couple of weeks ago, and prepared so many things for us to do like carve pumpkins, make caramel apples, the works! The SP Elders had nothing to do that night, so we invited them and we all had a pumpkin-carving contest (Theirs was pretty legit, but ours was pretty boss too...y'all be the judge). Sis. Pink and her husband have been going through a lot of hardship, since he just got back from the hospital...and she was so happy that we made him so happy. When his nurse came at the end of the night, he kept on raving about how awesome our pumpkins were. I almost cried :) 

Sister Pink 

The SP Elder's Pumpkin
Us proud of our amazing work
Our awesome pumpkin

Kentucky-fried...that brings back pleasant and disgusting memories. While we were carving pumpkins at Sister Pinks', I told her of my OCD and she really appreciated that I shared it because she struggles with it as well. She said that it is good that I am out here offering hope and empathizing with those who struggle with it. That truly is one of the reasons I love serving...I am surprised how anxiety affects so many people, both young and old.

Yup, Sister Rousseau is my new comp. She is ridiculously agile about missionary work, so it is good she keeps me on my toes.

...Nope, Kyle Ames doesn't seem to ring a bell...maybe I dunno, I can't remember much of my life before the mission haha

I love that quote from Elder Uchtdorf. He is boss. Thanks for the poem too; the sacrifices of those who have gone before us have paved the way for the greater good that affects the entire human race in this day and age. This morning I read in Mosiah about Abinadi's example of such and admire his courage and attitude: "And now I say unto you that the time shall come that the salvation of the Lord shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people...I say unto you, I will not recall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true; and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that I have fallen into your hands...Yea, and I will suffer even until death..." (Mosiah 15:28; 17:9-10)

Our AP's sent us this message that ties in well to this: "Because Abinadi stood boldly for truth what was the effect that that moment had on the Lamanite nation? Alma was Converted and thousands of Lamanites. Not only that but generation upon generation were affected because of one man. That can be you.  'Pray as if everything depended on God, then work as if it all depends on you.'"

That is so good that you are striving to help those in the church who have distanced them selves. We definitely need to work on that again. Less-actives are easy ones to have slip through the cracks, but I love the new YW in Excellence theme: "Observe, then Serve," it fits it perfectly!

This week was Stake Conference! One of the speakers was an RM named Elder Leanhart (or Lenhart, don't remember), but he just got back from serving in Glendale, AZ!! I wanted to ask him if he knew the Weavers, but a bajillion people thronged him after the service, so I didn't get to check. You guys will have to ask Grandma and Grandpa if they knew him. I am SO excited that Claire and Eric came to Stake Conference! Claire thoroughly enjoyed the first speaker Sister Korales's testimony and conversion story because she said that she could most relate with her. Eric enjoyed the choir and we gave him a notebook to write down his questions...which he used throughout the whole meeting so we look forward to help answer his questions later this week.

We are also teaching a secular humanist named Andrew, who likes to argue allot of things regarding religion. I hope that his heart will soften more to the gospel message the more we meet with him.

Dominique and her family came to the Trunk-or-Treat!! I am so happy she brought her two daughters and two members of her extended family. They arrived late so we gave them a tour of the church while people were cleaning up and Brother Edgar, whom they were talking to, came along and helped answer questions about the church. They really felt the Spirit in the chapel and sang a couple of hymns with us :)

When we met with Brother Stoll, he said, "If we were to join the church, would Luella and I have to be married again?" and then we explained more about temple sealing’s and how priesthood power binds families on earth and in heaven. I am so happy he is starting to ask more questions without fear of offending us.

I am so glad that you all are so firm in the faith, I wouldn't be here if you weren't! Love you all and 2015 is gonna rock!! muah!


-Sister Weaver-

November 6, 2014 in Sun Prairie Madison East Zone
Sisters Weaver, Rousseau, Martin, Brewster, Bennett, McIntyre, Arnold, and Clawson


No comments:

Post a Comment