Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Yeah, It's Like 9 Degrees Here!

November 17, 2014

Hello Dearest Family of Mine!

Yay! I'm glad that y'all were able to say hi to everyone for me at the reception,
I am so excited that cousin Nick got married! I can kind of remember what he looks like...but then again, there's a picture! Looks like y'all had a blast anyway!

Yeah it's like 9 degrees or so here, so...yes, it is cold.  We got snow on Saturday and it hasn't really melted yet, it is just annoyingly frozen now so all the roads are bumpy, but hey! We still have a car that I am eternally grateful for!

Zone Conference is like Christmas for missionaries! We are uplifted and edified to the point of wanting to convert EVERYONE in Wisconsin after it gets through. It is about 6ish hours, but it goes by way too fast in my opinion. We do role-plays, receive counsel from the AP's and the Mission President, and have the opportunity to teach one another about the doctrines/personal revelation we have received during the months we prepare before each conference. I love it so much! It is right up there with many of my favorite things on the mission!

Yeah...Spanish is still not my forte: I believe I was called to an English-speaking mission for a reason.

Boy, it's transfer time, yet again! It seems the further into the mission I go, the faster things seem to creep up on me. I have been so blessed to serve with such terrific missionaries on my mission thus far. Our district leader just got made AP! (Which I'm really not surprised at, he'll do so great) And my MTC companion, Sister Wilson, is Sister Training Leader with Sister Silcox, my last companion in Waukesha! There is so much awesomeness happening to everyone, I love it!! :)

This week we were able to set three more baptismal dates with Tye (a young adult who wants to be baptized she is just trying to find the right church), Earl (an older man who we tracted into and shared the Book of Mormon with via "drew him a picture"), and his brother Lloyd (who is very happy with brother's decision to meet with us and wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon).

This week I have seen the miracle of how the Book of Mormon gives people a sense of hope in life. It seems that each time we give one away, those who accept the book and the message attached to it receive some kind of initial confirmation that it holds great value. There have been many whom I have seen clutch it or begin to read through it as we walk away. We met a really nice man named Anthony who started crying when we bore testimony of the power the Book of Mormon contains to bless him and his family.

Sadly, this morning we found out that one of our investigators was involved in a 34-year long homosexual relationship in which they adopted kids and raised a family. We are not sure how to proceed except to explain to her the doctrine of the family and how marriage is ordained by God only between a man and a woman. She is still pretty rooted in her Lutheran beliefs...but she is impressed with the work we are doing spreading the gospel word. She still wants to learn more about the church, we are planning to teach her the rest of the Plan of Salvation, so we will have to boldly but lovingly cover the doctrine of the family then and there.

The work is hastening forward and we are excited to see the many miracles that will unfold this coming transfer. It truly is the work of the Lord that is pushing all of us through and guiding us along. I do not fear what the future may hold, only that I may follow the Lord in it and be the daughter He knows me to be. It is the same with all of His children...

I absolutely LOVE what I read this morning in Alma 26:

"My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice...Behold, the field was ripe, and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves!...as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever."

You all are my pride and joy! Like Ammon, I will not boast of myself, but of my Lord, who's Spirit is present in the bonds of my family!

Love you all! Work hard! Getter' dun! (Sorry there's no pics this week I sorta maybe almost forgot my camera cord :( )


-Sister Weaver-

No comments:

Post a Comment