Monday, June 2, 2014

No My Companion Didn't Get Sick...But EVERYONE Else Did

June 2, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

No, my comp. didn't get sick...but EVERYONE else in our District did...not gonna lie. We were dropping like flies, so Sister Silcox went sanitize-happy...I don't blame her :)

This week is transfers and guess what?? We are all staying together again!!! That means I'll have been 6 months with Elder Kimzey and Hubert! (whoa...I'm coming up on 6 months in July...AHHHHH!!!) Since we are all staying together we have District Meeting on Tuesday and we all are giving lessons on parables. I chose to do the parable of the sower (about the testimony of people's hearts) in Matt. 13. I'm hoping to find some talks about it.

Sad about the Johnson's!! I hope that you guys will be able to still keep in contact with them. That's nice of Bro. Johnson to ask about Austin and I :)

Yay! Keep building those relationships with people outside of the church because missionaries' relationships are sometimes a transfer short, but it is those members' relationships that will last. As far as your investigator principal lady goes, I'm reminded of a quote from miss Marjorie Pay Hinckley: "First I obey, then I understand." Just some food for thought.

C.S. Lewis is so boss! I have "Mere Christianity" and 3 or four of his other books under my bed in my bin of books if you want to read it all. Also, check out the book of his called "The Screwtape Letters" at the library. I'm so sad I didn't keep that one. It is narrated by the devil and as creepy as THAT sounds, it is still a really good insight into how Satan works for our destruction and how God works for our good.

People are so sweet! After we got creeped out by some druggie on the street, we headed to Culver's and got dinner. Then, out of the blue comes some man I never met (who I thought was another creeper) but turned out to be the brother of someone in our ward, Brother Ducharme! He and his wife gave us a gift card for next time we come to Culver's, since they couldn't buy us dinner this time. And I thought people buying you stuff on the mish was just a myth! Anyway it was cool. It's interesting how the Lord puts all kinds of people in our path in the same hour, some who bring us discomfort and some who bring us joy :) Don't judge anyone too quickly.

We were blessed with the opportunity to attend a couple of BBQ's this week were a lot of less-actives in attendance. We met a man from Milwaukee who said he would be interested in learning more so we will refer him to the missionaries by him. Candy attended Church and we were able to watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration with her and Spring's girls. We also answered some questions they had about the restoration.

We taught Angela about modern-day prophets and read an excerpt from Thomas S. Monson's talk he gave in General Conference about loving one another. After we asked her if she had received an answer about whether Joseph Smith was a prophet she said, "It's fathomable."

The Blacks sat in when we taught Brandon and helped answer a lot of his questions about the Holy Ghost and Priesthood Authority.

When we met with Renee, and taught her The Plan of Salvation she said that she was really interested in the Book of Mormon and likened what she had recently read to herself! She also bore testimony of the Holy Ghost and how she feels it every time we meet. We taught her more about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how she can feel that same happiness constantly. Rosa sat in with us and bore powerful testimony of her conversion and how she feels as a new member of the church. She wants to come to at least one lesson with us a week.

Jesus read Alma 7 with us and Gao, when we went over last night, to discuss how the Atonement has blessed him. He and Gao have an understanding where he will be in attendance with her every time she goes to church. I truly hope that some day his going to church and reading the Book of Mormon will help strengthen his testimony to the witness he has already received about the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all! Know that all is well here and with each step I see the people around me taking toward the Savior, the wider the window of my understanding opens toward His eternal promises.

...And remember the truth that once was spoken: to love another person is to see the face of God! :)

-Sista Weava!-


P.S. Someone's phone went off with mama’s ringtone just a sec ago and I thought it may have been you, pah!

No comments:

Post a Comment