Tuesday, February 3, 2015

If Anyone Messes With The Cubs, Momma Bear Is Comin Out!

February 2, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Yup, Sissy knows what she can handle, and it's good that she is taking the steps needed to keep it under control. Haha when you said "Mama Bear" you reminded me of one of our less actives Lavona...she said yesterday: "If anyone messes with my cubs (us), Momma bear is comin' out!" with the ghetto attitude she says she has :)

Yup, I'm feeling better thank you, and no I did think about getting a blessing if I didn't improve, but it only really lasted a day or two. The Lord is truly merciful :)

Thanks for that talk. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY!! It reminds me of the studies I had today. I replaced the word "he" with "I" in the following verse in 2 Nephi 26:33: "For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for [I] doeth that which is good among the children of men; and [I] doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and [I] inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and [I] denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and [I] remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." Now let's change it to "WE" because we ARE one body in Christ with different roles and missions in life, with different responsibilities the Lord has called us to. We cannot afford to be held accountable for anybody whom we did not take the opportunity to share the gospel with. Who are we to judge if they won't accept it? For they have accepted it before...Therefore, we should share the gospel with everyone with the expectation that they WILL accept it.


If you guys can help get the word out about the mailing policy that would be awesome! My address is 1202 Monroe St., Wausau, WI 54403

I will talk to president about you guys coming to pick me up during interviews this week :)

We found a new family on exchanges! Xia is excited to learn more about the gospel and teach her family. I hope that we may continue to see them progress. Exchanges went great! I went with one of the sisters who have been really struggling though; she needs to re-discover her purpose of coming out here, so we've been trying to help her.

During testimony meeting in light of everything happening with Josh, I bore testimony about the reality of the Plan of Salvation and how infinite and real is the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that Jessica and the rest of their family did their part in teaching him what he needed to know to prepare him for the hereafter, and the time when he would be re-united with them once more, with our Lord and Savior. A lot of the missionaries in our ward bore testimony on the importance of families and God's plan afterward, this has been one of the more spiritual testimony meetings I have been to...I could feel Josh there.

Nancy finally came to church!! After inviting her for so long! She said she enjoyed it and a lot of people said hi to her. Gloria and Kathy also came to listen to the testimonies that were borne and said they definitely felt the Spirit. Kathy said she's been abstaining from coffee!!! Yay!

We are teaching a lot of new people, so we are planning to get more contact with the Home and Visiting Teachers of the MANY recent converts we've been working with and coordinate with them when to help teach the new member lessons and receive more fellowship than just the missionaries. This was discussed at Ward Council and as part of our new ward mission plan, I am eager to see this implemented.

I love you all so much! I wish I could come to the funeral and offer my support, but know that my heart goes out to the Pukahi's...and our WHOLE family. It truly is miraculous to see how unified our family is becoming!

-Sister Weaver-


Mai Lee (who the Hmong Elders
have been teaching) got baptized
by her brother (who just
got baptized last week!!!)
it was so cool!
 
   
We may or may not have pranked
the Elders car during the baptism.
    
In my defense, it was 3 to 1...I lost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment