Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sister Rausseau Informed Me Of Something Miraculous!

January 26, 2015

HOWDY Y'ALL!!

Haha yeah in our mission there is slang (which we are supposed to abstain from) like I was "born" in Waukesha and I will probably end up "dying" here in Wausau. One sister I know has already "killed off" (or her companions finished their mission with her) three of her companions; stuff like that...

Yes I did get those CD's and don't worry, I will :) In my neck of the woods, I have one word: snow.

I love what you said about the importance of keeping in touch with your converts. Sister Rousseau informed me of something miraculous that happened with Chris (the one who just got baptized before I left):
"...he helped out with The Book of Mormon obstacle course this past Wednesday night for the youth activity. This obstacle course was one at which we had some people in the classrooms, with closed doors, of a hallway at the church. The youth then had about 8 minutes to give away as many copies of the Book of Mormon as they could. They got a point for doing things such as testifying of The Book of Mormon, sharing a scripture, leaving a commitment, praying, getting contact information, and getting a return appointment. The 'district' that got the most points would then earn a topping for their ice cream sundae later that night. The youth had a blast! It was a tender mercy to me to be able to be there, feel of the spirit that the youth have and to feel their enthusiasm in testifying of the Book of Mormon and of Christ. Youth from all different backgrounds had powerful spiritual experiences that night. One specifically, that impacted me was of a young woman and her friend she brought with her who is not yet a member of the church. They were companions for this activity. They went and they knocked on the door that Chris was behind. Chris invites them in, they teach him, they testify, the nonmember friend kneels with Chris and her friend and they pray. They came out of that room with joy penetrating their faces. They had felt the spirit! They recognized that! They told us that it was an incredible experience. The young woman who was a member had helped her not yet member friend have an experience during which she felt the spirit!"

She also says that so many people we taught have been progressing! I am so happy for the opportunity to assist in this work!!

On a more pathetic note, opposition kicked my butt the last few days in the form of the nasty stomach-flu fever. Yes, I did throw up. Yes, the other too. All-in-all it was a lovely date with the toilet. But luckily Sister Jardine and the Vesley's took care of me bringing me pop and saltines so I am doing better for this new week dedicated to finding and baptismal date-setting! I experienced some amazing miracles on exchanges with Sister Roper! She has that quiet, but strong attitude that helps people open up and trust her. She also gave me the opportunity to really take initiative, which I am so grateful for. We brought a recent return-missionary from the ward with us to a few lessons and she helped us introduce so many more people to the gospel as well!

Our investigator Thim came to church and she brought her daughter, who is going through a lot of hardship right now :( But they really enjoyed the YSA Sacrament meeting and I hope that her daughter will open up to us more now.

Alex, our less-active Heather's boyfriend, allowed us to teach him the first discussion again and asked some very good questions about prophets, after which he agreed to read and pray to know the church is true. We hope to be setting a baptimal date with him hopefully soon, but things will be tricky with their living situation...We will be seeing them again for dinner this week :)

Poor Sister Jardine is so nervous about going home in 2 weeks! ...so am I haha How strange to be in this position where I will have to take over an area I have only been in for a transfer. Oh well, I'm sure the Lord knows what he's doing. We shared testimonies about trials and fear on Sunday and I was again reminded of how the Lord gives us opportunities in which our fear can be turned into strength. Sadly, we can't control when scary situations happen. They just do. But we can control what we do with them. When we become fearful, we have to ask ourselves, "Okay, I'm scared, now what am I going to do about it?" We can either fight or flight. Every time I stress out or wonder how I'm going to get out of an anxious situation I always think of your voice, Mommy, yelling at my brain: "You're FINE! Quit worrying about it!" It always calms me down so much I am so grateful :)

You all are such amazing people, how was I blessed to be given such a phenomenal familia?

Love you all as much as I hate throwing up!

-Sister Weaver-


1) Oh yeah we had a lovely Hmong feast 
at one of our member's homes. 
It was their birthday! 
The Hmong Elders Dobyns and Vang

2) At the feast there were 12ish courses
 of MEAT and like 4 desserts.
 They just kept giving us food!
 Sadly, this was all BEFORE I lost
 the contents in my stomach haha

3) Exchanges! Sister Roper is a writer too!
 She wanted to hear all about my stories.
 It was grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment