Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Your Email Was The Perfect Length

January 28, 2014

Hey Family & Friends,

Your email was the perfect length :) Don't worry about BYU, I have enough keeping me busy than to worry about school, but if you see any grad programs regarding teaching degrees (I know, don't freak out) or literature or communications, please let me know. I do pray for all of you and I love you all so much. I try not to think that I still have a year and 3 months to go after all that has happened. I truly hope that with the Lord's help, I will be able to endure every hardship that Satan and my brain throws my way. If you all could pray that I will be able to adjust to these new transitions well, I would comfort me so much :)

I'm happy to hear that Cathy and Nani's house are getting finished! I can't wait to see it!

For Mother's Day we are only allowed 40 minutes to Skype/Google Hangout, so I'm going to talk to Sister Lovelace and see if we can use her computer :)

Let me just say that I have had better weeks in regards to illness/no appetite/fatigue spawned from massive stress, but as far as meeting with people goes, the Lord has been so merciful in helping us find and teach those who are ready to hear the gospel. Poor Sister Silcox. She freaked out when we went over to Lamar and Annie's because Barb and Annie have a lot of history dealing with mental issues and it made her feel really uncomfortable. I guess the way to find "kingdom-builders" is to search everywhere; even in the homes where we may not feel comfortable. Kay, I'm off my soap-box now.

I wasn't the only one with a crazy week, poor Elder Hubert and his new companion Elder Wise got their apartment busted into by a SWAT team late the first night of transfers: "Open the door or it will be broken in!" They still don't know why. They called us because they didn't know who else to call and they were scared. Sadly, I was asleep, so Sister Silcox didn't answer the phone. The poor guys :( Then Elder Wise got bitten by a dog.

It's so weird being the one who knows what's going on, while the Senior Companion is still trying to adjust to new life in a new place. I'm definitely not used to being the responsible one. Maybe that's where the stress is stemming from. Sister Anderson...always on the know and me...trailing behind her. Now it's flip-flopped. Hopefully, this transfer will be an easy one to settle into soon. Patience month by month is far more difficult than patience day by day, but with the promise that I will see the rewards of my labors--if not in this life, than the next--gives me hope.

I do not know hardship like the people I have seen here in Wisconsin face. It makes me that much more adamant to try and make a difference by bringing the joy (fullness) that only the knowledge of the gospel can bring into their lives.

Sadly, I won't be able to look up Vasovagal Syncope because we can't go on the Internet :( But if you send me some stuff about it, that would be great. Thanks Mom!

Okay, now to the happiness (sorry I'm so negative today...I just need to vent a bit): We went to a baptism of the little Tovias boy in our ward, who is adorable btw, and Brother Homer, who is a real FBI agent spoke (He works human trafficking cases, so he's pretty legit). He showed him all of his tools and equipment (minus his gun of course) and related how his radio is like the Holy Ghost and how when we need help, our Heavenly Father is always there. He cried a lot too, and the Tovias boy was rather surprised seeing a grown FBI Agent be so sensitive the Spirit.

Jorie came to church! And Elder Hubert confirmed Rosa! She was beaming! Sister Silcox has helped me take initiative with regards to utilizing the members of our ward to become better missionaries. I am so grateful for her initiative to help out the people of Waukesha serve (even if it is different from the way I've been doing it :)

It has been so nice meeting with Willy separate from Nikki and Sister Loutensock, because he is a lot more talkative when not so many people are talking and it is easier for us to focus on his own individual needs. Once he gets off of this Methodal (I think that's what it is) program in September, he will finally be able to afford rent/car and then be able to find a new job where he does not have to work on Sundays! I see a baptismal date in his future! We talked about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and covenant keeping and he really liked how they would have suffered death rather than sin. We committed him to bury one of the things that is keeping him from growing closer to God and he said that he would and he was grateful for the opportunity to learn more about covenants and baptism.

Nikki has been harder to convince on the side of doctrine, versus the social atmosphere and support that her other church gives. She agrees with the doctrine of our church, but needs more fellow shipping. I invited Sister Loutensock to listen to "The Missionary Next Door" CD and hopefully that can help her understand the importance of social conversion on her part and the doctrinal teaching on our part.

We were able to contact some old less actives in our area book like the French family and we also found success tracting yesterday when we met a young woman named Angela. She said she would be interested in meeting with us so we exchanged information and will contact her again later next week.

We finally met with Jorie again! We taught her about likening the scriptures to her own life and how the Book of Mormon is evidence of the restoration. Once she knows that the Book of Mormon is true, then she will know that Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true as well. We committed her to read the testimonies of the eight witnesses and Joseph Smith at the Introduction of the Book of Mormon and read 10 minutes a day, praying to know if it is the Word of God.

Lamar has a baptismal date, but I don't know how solid it will be for next month seeing as we still have to teach him the Word of Wisdom, and he still needs to commit to live the Law of Chastity.

I have noticed that I need to be a lot more loving when extending bold invitations. For only when we show people that we are doing this because we and the Lord love them, the Spirit can more fully bear witness to them of that love.

I love you all SO much and I can't wait to see you...Just so you know, I may cry when I do:')


-Sister Weaver-

No comments:

Post a Comment