Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Yay Thank You For Sending The GPS!

April 14, 2014

Getting ready for Sister Weaver to Drive
Dear Family & Friends,

Yay thank you SO much for sending the GPS! Transfers are coming up next Wednesday and I'm pretty sure that Sis. Anderson will be leaving me this time around :(. I hope and pray that I will be able to cope with whatever change comes my way and won't freak out like last time, even if I am still a baby in the field.

Anywho, that is so cool about the Priesthood session, I still have to watch that online! Oh, speaking of online...I talked to Elder Kimzey and he said that we could use Google Hangout/Facetime/etc!!!

This Saturday, I was blessed to go to the baptism of Brad, who I didn't know but Sister Reed (who reminds me of Ashley Alvarez) and Sister Gonzavez (who is shorter than me, but so sweet) taught him and they wanted Sister Anderson and I to do a musical number with them: Savior, Redeemer of My Soul (which I LOVE!) by Rob Gardner. I'm glad that I already knew it, since I can't read music and we were only given a week to learn it.... poor Sis. Anderson. It is a HARD piece to learn on the piano, even for her. But we got through it. Plus it didn't help that the Mission President, his wife, the AP's, the Sister Training Leaders, and two other sets of missionaries we knew were there...no pressure. But the AP's had to sing too, so it wasn't too bad :)

We went to the Lovelace's for dinner last night...their house had a theater room and ping-pong table, bar (with Italian Soda stuff :), and a giant beanbag chair. The Elders all bombarded them for dinner too, and we all watched part of the Gordon B. Hinckley story which quoted what you said about his dad's letter to him: "forget yourself, and get to work!" Sis. Lovelace made the mooching elders give the lesson...suckers! Just kidding, Elder Kimzey gave an amazing spur-of-the-moment lesson about Samuel the Lamanite and why the Lord chose him to be a prophet. Why did he have to come? There were quite a few other prophets...it was to show us that Christ would be born in Jerusalem. So that we would know the signs of the Savior's birth and death in the America's.

Rosa, the woman who was struggling with coffee that the Spanish Elders are teaching, is getting BAPTIZED this week!!!! I am so excited! She was having fears and anxiety about it, but after watching General Conference, the Spirit spoke peace to her soul, and she knows now more than ever that her decision to enter the waters of baptism is right...YAY!

The mission of the Holy Ghost is unknown to us without the Savior, as is Jesus Christ being our Savior unknown to us without the witness of the Holy Ghost. In John 5, Christ says:

 31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
 32 ¶There is another that beareth awitness of me; and I know that the bwitness which he witnesseth of me is true.
 33 Ye sent unto aJohn, and he bare bwitness unto the truth.
 34 aBut I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
 35 He was a burning and a shining alight: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his blight.
 36 ¶aBut I have bgreater witness than that of John: for the cworks which the Father hath given me to finish, the same dworks that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath esent me.
 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne awitness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor bseen his shape.
 38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye abelieve not.
 39 ¶aSearch the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which btestify of me.
The scriptures record this testimony, but the Holy Ghost is the one who bears this testimony to us and as we read with a sincere heart, we can feel His witness. The Book of Mormon says that the words of Christ will TELL you all things that ye should do, but the Holy Ghost will be the One who SHOWS you all things that ye should do. The gospel is nothing without the witness and testimony of the Holy Ghost.

After meeting with Jorie last night, we taught her about Patriarchal Blessings and the significance they are in helping us understand personal revelation from Heavenly Father. She liked how each is different for every individual and the eternal significance they make in our lives. We testified of how important our own patriarchal blessings are in our own lives and she said she would be interested in receiving one once baptized. We told her once more of the importance and power of the priesthood and that through it we can receive guidance from our Heavenly Father. She agreed to keep praying about knowing whether or not the gospel/church is true and we told her that that same power from Heaven can help her come to know of the truth for herself. She wants to and is planning to go to Rosa's baptism on Saturday!

We haven't been making much progress with Nikki and Willie as far as baptism goes. Willie is still working on weening himself off of Methanol and Nikki has not kept her commitment to cut down on smoking. I'm not sure what more we can do to help her be motivated to change.

Sister Lovelace has been such a help with Amber. Amber wants to do right by her children, and therefore knows the importance of keeping commitments, yet she has trouble keeping them. But Sister Lovelace bonded with her and bore her testimony so strongly about how beneficial it is to read the scriptures with her children, Amber has once more committed to keep praying about whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. I hope and pray that she will keep this commitment.

Oh, I got an Easter Card from Aunt Sandi!! I love her so much.
If you get a chance, see "Because of Him" on the LDS website to prep for Easter! Don't worry, we are going to the Gardner's for Easter (the son is serving with Levi Mitchell family :)

God bless all of you!


-Sister Weaver-

Sister Bodily's kids... so cute!!!
I'm supposed to be bald
Little Emry's going to be a hair stylist
I'm supposed to be a rabbit
Now I'm supposed to be a cat
Sister Weaver & Anderson
We lost it the other night


No comments:

Post a Comment