Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Love L. Tom Perry And Am Sad To See Him Go

June 1, 2015

Thank you for your message! I love L.Tom Perry and am sad to see him go, but grateful for the service he rendered in the work of salvation and exaltation. Salvation truly is an individual matter, but exaltation is a family matter. And exaltation is what we strive for. Families are what we are focusing on finding and teaching here, along with individuals searching for the truth.

Life truly is interesting. I think the hardest part of my mission has been dealing with myself and my own insecurities pertaining to carry on the sometimes daunting task of preparing the hearts and minds of God's children to receive their Savior and Redeemer...But in essence, this small time given us is SO rewarding, because it truly is the only time that we can thrust in with our sickle the hardest and have the authority granted us to do so. It is truth like this that makes me never want to leave, even though it is quite inevitable. I am grateful for my struggles. The Lord is merciful to have granted them to me, for without them, what kind of missionary would I be?

My comp is doing better, she just stresses out really easily (like me, GO figure :P) It is just very easy to get frustrated with a lot of the choices people are making in this ward. There are a few who are not so easily deposed to the missionaries, but we love them anyway. It is not enough to say we must ENDURE to the end...it sounds like such drudgery...we must LOVE to the end. But for the most part, this ward needs help, and to see that comfort and strength that the word of the Lord can give them makes all the frustration worth it :)

This week sadly Lun Cheng did not come to sacrament meeting but he came to Gospel Principles and learned more about the prophets. When we met with him he said he still had issues developing his faith vs. having proof, but he is still willing to read and learn and continue acting upon that seed of faith he already has planted.

We met a nice woman named Codie, who was on her way to a job interview and was interested for her and her family to learn more, so we will be contacting her later this week. We will also be meeting with Melree, a woman who referred HERSELF to learn more!

We are continuing to teach our LA Robin the lessons, and our other LA Deb finally came to church! It was a great meeting about depression and anxiety...just what she needed. We will be setting aside every Wednesday night to meet with her and her daughter. Emily also came to church and her faith is still growing! We also met with a former investigator who took us out to lunch--at a BUFFET!!!--it was the most beautiful thing I ever did see :' )

Thank you so very much for my package! I will be sending some of the bottoms back, though SORRY!!! They are just very small. I love you all very much and hope that everything is peaches and cream in Oregeno!! And sorry for some reason my pics are not uploading :( So...next week!!

Forgive me for making this so short this week! But for some reason I got an explosion of emails! Love you two-infinity and beyond!!!

-Sister Weaver-


P.S. Also you can find pictures of me on the mission blog: http://wisconsinmilwaukeemission.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment