Wednesday, May 27, 2015

No...President Didn't Yell At Me...He Kills With Kindness!

May 26, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Awww! Thanks Mom! You da best! I'm not sure if they have received it or not...but I will check. We email at the university library, but our P-day was switched to Tuesday, because Prez wanted everyone working on Memorial Day. I am excited you saw that video it truly was inspiring! Yay Karissa, too!! I am so happy she is married and moving on to the next chapter in her life. And Kelsey??? Craziness!

Haha no President didn't yell at me or anything, he kills with kindness (which I think is worse sometimes...) But this week went a lot better (despite only having 8 other lessons...ouch! But we were both sick, so...that's my excuse) Anywho! We have a progressing investigator!!! The first in I don't know HOW long! Lun Cheng is his name. Atheist turned Christian. Totally cool. I love Asians.

Thanks for the pics! Time sure does fly, 2 months till I go back to land of non-full-time missionary-hood. BAH!!! But I still have time! It was so weird giving my farewell testimony at Zone Conference on Tuesday. I about died the whole meeting with anxiety; it was like my first lesson all over again! But I think it may have been one of the best testimonies I have ever given. I am thankful for the example of my family, instilling in me the importance of learning and growing in families. I hope it was okay, but I mentioned the Pukahi's, too and how Jessica came home and taught the discussions to her brother. Truly, the greatest missionary work we will ever do will be within our own families. I know this work is true. I do not want to go back to my fisherman's net, but I want to be an RM ("returning" not "retired"). I hope that the experiences I have learned here will help me to become a better wife and mother in Zion.

This week four families from the ward participated in 8 p.m. member lessons and the outcome was astounding! It was very good to see Brother West, who has been skeptical about God, as he has been pursuing learning about science, open up about his beliefs and how knowledge of the gospel has blessed him. Sister West confided in us the frustration she's been feeling about his stubbornness and expressed her gratitude for the 8 p.m. member lessons with them. We look forward to teaching them the Plan of Salvation!

We met a less active that the bishop's wife has been fellowshipping and she is eager to strengthen her testimony once more and receive the discussions. Emily also had all the missionaries over for dinner! Her first time doing so!

Lun Cheng came to church on Sunday for all three meetings and enjoyed it, especially Gospel Principles where we talked of covenant making and keeping. He had questions about learning the "logic" behind commandments during our lesson, and is struggling to understand the concept of faith, but after inviting him to pray with us and ask God if they are true he did so and we encouraged him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. After coming as far as he has from atheism, I know he will receive his answer.

Sorry, I forgot my camera, so no pics for the moment :( I'm a little worried about my companion, she has been struggling a bit today...So, please pray for her :)

Love you all oodles and oodles!


-Sister Weaver-

No comments:

Post a Comment