Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy One Week Since We Skyped!!

May 19, 2014

Re: Happy One Week Since We Skyped!!

Happy One Week Since We Skyped!! Was I on the big screen? I didn't notice till afterward haha.

You hang in their Mommy! One scripture that has helped me in numerous ways is found in D&C 84:

109 Therefore, let every man stand in his own office, and labor in his own calling; and let not the head say unto the feet it hath no need of the feet; for without the feet how shall the body be able to stand?
 110 Also the body hath need of every member, that all may be edified together, that the system may be kept perfect.
Also, cross-reference this with 1 Corinthians 12:11-31. It talks about all the members of the church being one body in Christ and that each of us, because we are all baptized by that same Spirit, will have abundant honor given us and gifts of the Spirit, if we seek them by serving Him. It's a pretty cool scripture.

This week we were able to visit with Angela again and a recent convert, Sue Pavolovich, sat in and gave phenomenal input regarding the Plan of Salvation. Angela also introduced us to her mother, who was a little iffy about meeting with us regarding all of the crazy rumors about those "Mormons." But after we talked with her for a little bit hopefully she saw that we were normal people and we prayed with her.

Thank you for that scripture, I really needed it today. Dee said she wanted to get baptized (for the first time ever!) and then took it back within the same few days :( She talked it over with her husband and said that she is going to spend about 6 months without hearing doctrine from anybody religious so she can read the scriptures and find out for herself...which is fine with us, seeing as how the word of God reveals all truth to those who truly seek it. I'm just not sure if we should stop by to say hello anymore, or just let things be, as they should. Yesterday, before we found out about this, we stopped over to teach her the first discussion, but then she told us this and she said that she doesn't like it when people pretend to care about others. Then she put me on the spot and said that she could tell that there was something I didn't like about her and then I burst into tears...I don't even know why :P I guess it has to do with how much I try and put my heart and soul into caring about others, bearing my testimony as I go, and then they turn and say I don't. I know I'm not perfect. And there are some things that people do that bug me. But it is not my place as a missionary to nit pick at all the little things that make no significance to why I am here and why God has called me here. I don't think I ever cried on my mission (except for my blessing and sympathetic crying) until yesterday and it wouldn't stop...I guess the reality of the mission is finally catching up with me. My annoying people-pleasing characteristic is for sure being tested, but I hope that my inadequacies can be made stronger as I continue to bear what I know to be true. I am sad to see Dee go, she is like a mother to me. But I feel like Moroni too, seeing all this turmoil around me and, for some, there is nothing I can do to change their choices to stay in the dark. All I can do is continue in what the Lord has entrusted to me to accomplish: to help prepare the hearts and minds of those around me to the knowledge of Jesus Christ as there Lord, Savior, and Redeemer.

Sometimes I really don't like agency! Bah!

Anywho, sorry I went off on that, I just really needed to vent. I hate having to try to keep that mask of keeping it together on my face ALL the time...back to the goodness of this week :D

While tracting we met a nice woman named Michelle who was actually interested in reading a copy of the Book of Mormon so we left her with one and set up a tentative time when we could come back...after she had read some of it. She also gave us her number so I hope that we will get in contact with her soon.

We went to dinner with the Calabro's who's son invited his girlfriend Reilly over. They are both so friendly and enthusiastically active in drama, which of course, knowing me, I ate up everything they said right on the spot. I love talking with drama geeks, they remind me of me :) We then gave a lesson on the Liahona and how the Book of Mormon is a spiritual guide for all of us. They all bore powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon and we left her with a copy to show her parents! We will continue working with the Calabro's in fellowshipping her to the gospel.

Sister Weaver bruise from a dog
I got bitten, (I guess clawed), by a dog yesterday. My first dog story!! Take a look at that bruise!! It's more yellowy purple today, but I couldn't get a good enough pic...sorry mom :( Don't worry...my skirt didn't tear and it didn't break the skin so I'm pretty sure I don't have rabies.

Blacker's Daughter's Wedding
(Pic...cuz I'm a creeper)
Oh yeah! On Saturday we were able to attend the Blacker's daughter's wedding reception! They are adorable and Sister Blacker is such a magnificent member missionary!

Candy, Sister Silcox, Mia,
Sister Weaver, and Spring
Also, we went to Mia's preschool graduation.  Candy and Spring and her girls are in the pic.

Love you all!!

-Sister Weaver-



No comments:

Post a Comment