Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Problems & Joys Of The Week

March 10, 2014 The New Ones...MTC Friends Forever.
Back: Sisters Plante, Christiansen, Pope, Ormsby, Wilson, Weaver, and Walker
Front: Sister King, Hatch, and Packer
March 10, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

That is SO cool that you all were able to participate as a family effort in doing baptisms for the dead! What a wonderful experience! We are still trying to find an opportunity to get to the temple :(

Were you able to see the Oscars? Someone from St. Vinny's told us that Ellen had hosted it...I can only imagine how THAT was haha.

When we went over to Dee's again she showed us Allison's comment (because she is friends with Sister Gardner on Facebook) and I was able to read it. Love you Sis!! She also said she looks like the girl from Juno...I don't really see it.

Cool beans on Cathy and Nani's house! It looks great! I can't wait to see inside :) I sure hope that Chelsey will continue on this path of reactivation. I love them so much!!

Weather-wise: it is 50 degrees today. Balmy!!!!

I probably shouldn't even be telling you this, but later this week, I had a fainting spell during a new missionary training meeting. I willed myself not to pass out in front of everyone, so I managed to get to the mother's room before my dizziness took over. Luckily, I didn't really pass out, I just got light headed...plus the anxiety didn't help either and I submitted to an hour of shakes. But, like always, I said a prayer and the Lord helped me overcome and I was able to get through it. President Cutler was there and he gave Sister Anderson permission to drive me home. I was okay until the next night, when I lost my appetite (the fear of passing out again taking hold), so the next morning I asked Brother Tateoka (the ward mission leader) for a priesthood blessing. I was so comforted to have Elder Hubert and Elder Schvaneveldt assist in the blessing. The Lord instructed me to listen to my body and be healed and also, to continue to find that one person who I need to find.

I had been overdoing it with not eating enough + exercise. That day my appetite returned after I had learned that this transfer I would be staying where I was with my same companion! I'm sure stress with that played a key part. Yesterday at church, my appetite still hadn't come back, so I called the nurse and she said to just consume liquids and rest as often as I could. After a little bit I was able to eat dinner. I am so grateful for Sis. Anderson! She fasted for me yesterday and I am eternally grateful for her care and consideration towards me. You couldn't ask for a better companion. I am so grateful for the Lord's protecting hand and although I get frustrated when I don't know when my body is sick from natural causes or my own anxiety, He is always there to instruct me in the ways that will best benefit my own contribution to this work.

During my bought of anxiety, when I reached the point where my feelings of inadequacy and homesickness sought to take hold, He led me to this scripture from Paul in Philippians 1:3-6, 23-25:

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request of joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from this day until now; being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...for I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you...And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith..."

I see each and every one of you family members in every beautiful countenance of those whom I meet. And I know that you are all with me as I do as Alma encourages me to do and "see that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?...I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy" (Alma 29:6, 9).

Okay enough about my problems. Lets get to my joy.

This week we were able to visit with Willie and Nikki again, this time teaching them the importance of going to church and went more in depth about the covenant of baptism.

We met with Jorie again and this time taught her the Plan of Salvation and how it connects to her purpose in life. We committed her to pray specifically about the Book of Mormon and if it is true.

We also visited with Brandon, an investigator who was a former Jehovah's Witness, with Sister Duran in our ward, who has such a strong testimony. We discussed the importance of the sacrament and he related his fears of going to church because of all of the hypocrisy and that he often felt worse after going to church than he had before he went. I bore my testimony about the significance of the Atonement and how that personal relationship with the Lord helps shut out any doubts or fears one may have about the social "club" he believes churches to have.

We also finally stopped by Sister Yopps' house, after we had been struggling to get appointments with her. She is worried about the welfare of her daughters who have gone very wayward and we related the scripture about Joseph Smith's adversity in D&C and also how sometimes the Lord stays His hand in order for us to be refined through the fire of tribulation. She agreed and we encouraged her in the strength that she has and is currently gaining regarding her faith.

Funny story!!!! The Spanish Elders have been teaching a woman named Rosa whose only setback from being baptized is stopping coffee. She's been to church and has a baptismal date and is the sweetest lady! So, while she gets a blessing to help her prepare for baptism and receive strength, she says her own prayer that the Lord will help her quit drinking coffee...So, the next day, a miracle happens! She gets arrested! She was fined for something that she had already paid off, but she thought the cops were being very friendly (like I said, too sweet!) so she complied. But, since it was the weekend, she was confined for 4 days...no coffee. She said that she spent a lot of time thinking about how much she wanted coffee and by the time she was let out she had no more desire to drink it! Miracles happen! The Lord answers prayers!

I love you all! You remain in my prayers, always!

-Sister Weaver-

No comments:

Post a Comment