Wednesday, March 19, 2014

By The Grace Of God, I Have Been Able To Keep My Nerves Under Control

March 17, 2014

Sister Weaver & Anderson - The Ninja's
Dear Family & Friends,

I already used my debit card (my real MasterCard) to pay for the shoes so it should have already gone through when I had paid. I hate money. Anyways, that is SO cool that you all got to go back up to WA and see everybody again! I wish I could have seen Chad and his new wifey. Ah well...I'm pretty sure that we get the Church News; I've seen it in our apartment at least. I really need to read some of it during my study time.

As far as nerves go, by the grace of God, I have been able to keep them under control and especially in situations where I feel most comfortable. My main problem is getting anxious over eating dinner over at people's houses, because I feel like I HAVE to eat everything, and then my appetite goes all kiddywompous. I have set a goal to FORCE myself to feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. 

I know that through my faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ I am made whole and it is such a blessing to be able to put my badge on every day and testify of that truth to others. Whenever I feel the pain of a heavy load, or the nerves of any hint of loneliness, is be confident in the fact that I feel the loving arms of my Savior and the hands and prayers of family members both here and beyond the veil on my behalf.

I was so happy that I got to attend church yesterday! Brother Woodford invited Sister Anderson and I to come to his primary class and share how they can be missionaries and later on in Relief Society, Jori (our semi-golden investigator) shared an inspiring comment from the Relief Society manual!

This week when we met with Brandon, we were able to use the role-play that we had planned for Zone Conference. We related the story of how Nephi was commanded to build a boat and pray specifically to the Lord and how he should know how to go about doing it. We committed him to pray specifically if the Book of Mormon is true and then adjusted our commitment after he asked us about how to know what promptings are from the Spirit, to one of praying specifically to understand the promptings of the Spirit and how he can recognize it. This week we are going to talk more about receiving answers to prayers with him.

We ate dinner with Sister Yopps and talked about how Alma and his people were being persecuted by Amulon and then read Mosiah 24:12-15 and talked with her about keeping a prayer in your heart; while we will not always have our trials taken away, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we will be able to BEAR them.

When we met with Willie we learned that he is already through the book of 1 Nephi! We committed him to pray if the Book of Mormon is true and he was startled by the question, responded that he never doubted it was true!

When we were over at Dee's, a visitor surprised us: we couldn't believe that it was Elder Kanahale!! One of the Elders who had been referred to Dee and taught her with Elder Lorcher (who is home and Dee is trying to get Sister Anderson to write hehe) 2 years ago!! He is on his way home, but he introduced us all to his parents, who came to pick him up and head home to Hawaii (they had to get new clothes for the snow haha). He and his Dad are both Maouri from New Zealand and have BEAUTIFUL singing voices. They serenaded us on behalf of Dee with Elder Kanahale's guitar the song "Well Done." PLEASE look up that song on Youtube, it is gorgeous!

Dee was so thrilled and happy by his visit that she later related to Sister Anderson and I that she was tempted to drop us because she didn't want to keep forming relationships if we were going to keep getting transferred like he and Elder Lorcher were. Especially if she still was not set on whether or not she wanted to get baptized. She told us that it was a sign that God still wanted us to come and visit her. It was a miracle. Sister Anderson and I both cried after they left while we were praying with Dee, the Spirit that he and his family, along with their testimonies they brought, were so strong.

If that wasn't spiritually exhausting enough, later on, when we went to visit Sister Wood, we learned of the distress that had plagued her that day in regards to family trouble. Little did we know that the moment that we knocked on the door, the Elders were there about to give her a blessing. She was so overwhelmed by love and the Spirit, she shared that Elder Kanahale (who had baptized her) came to visit her that day (and had sung her a song hehe). She said that after they had left, she received news that her Aunt was in the hospital. Not long after, another set of Elders she knew well dropped by unannounced and she felt so comforted. Then, if that wasn't enough, Brother Cox from the ward stopped by with the Spanish Elders and offered to give her a blessing. And then, to top it off, Sister Anderson and I swung by, unannounced. After they all left that night and we were left with her she exclaimed through tears that there is no way that the church is not true. Coincidences like this just don't happen and to witness that miracle myself was such a blessing!

I don't know if I will be able to email next week, since we are planning on going to the temple, so if you could send me an old fashioned letter that would be mucho gusto!!! Thank you all for the prayers and comfort you never cease to give me. You all are in my prayers as well!

Also, we may be moving, so I'm probably going to send some stuff home that I rarely use (since it's a nightmare to pack EVERYTHING!!)

Plus, if we have any religious CDs that are gathering dust on your shelves, send 'em my way (Sis. A and I are getting bored from the same CD's in the car :)

Love you all, the church is true, and with Christ we can overcome ANY adversity!!!! Don't let go, be strong and let your light lead through the darkness!


-Sister Weaver-

No comments:

Post a Comment