Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It Turns Out We Are Not Able To Go To The Temple This Week

March 24, 2014

Sister Wilson, My Companion From MTC
Meeting At Zone Conference

Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for emailing!!! It turns out we are not able to go to the temple this week, but next week for sure (hopefully)!

Nanni, you are adorable. I loved reading your talk! I got to give a talk this Sunday too!!! Someone backed out two days before so they called me up. Yay missions! I felt so bad for the other two about-to-be missionaries who spoke with me because it was supposed to be their farewell and I was up at the mic almost the whole time (because this was the week I sang my solo, too...bah!) But I shortened my talk so all is well. Guess what, one of them is 26! I am not the only old one in the field!! I'm sending you a copy of my talk in the mail. Just in case you want to read it. I learned a lot from President Uchtdorf's talk "You Can Do It Now."

Have y'all seen the movie "Son of God" in the theaters? Everyone is making a hoopla about it here in 'Sconsin, but I hear it's really good (except for those who think that Satan's character was purposely made to look like Obama). Thank you for the music, I've been listening to the CD "From Cumorah's Hill" (I think that's what it's called) and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can never get enough of it. I highly recommend.

Also, I was mistaken and we don't get the Church News, so if you still want to send it to me that would be just fine and dandy!

Elder McGlothin! Tell him he's awesome and that I am learning so much and am so thankful to be joining him and the countless other missionaries across the globe! That's cool that he's the Zone Leader, how much longer does he have in the mish?

Hope everyone in the ward is doing well and to Bro. Johnson I say "hi" back!

Yay! DEATH TO THE RAT!! Just kidding, he too is a precious spirit. But I can't believe that you and Dad tried to get suckered by exterminators. Oh well, Dad is pretty smart when it comes to things like that. I would have loved to hear him yell at the supervisor :) Tell him that Elder Kimzee asked us what one thing we would bring on a deserted island if we were stranded I stole Allison's answer and said "My Dad."

That is so cool about Harris!, only through the Spirit of God can that happen. I'm reminded of a scripture in D&C 76:5-7, 10: "...I the Lord...delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness...And to them will I reveal all mysteries...For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will--yea even those things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, not yet entered into the heart of man.  How amazing that the Lord has a far bigger plan for us than we have for ourselves, and that through obeying and serving Him, we can be the instrument in which a soul can be brought unto Him, even when we may not realize it. I love the quote: "BE the answer to someone else's prayer."

For now, it looks like we aren't moving (knock on wood) so I don't think I'll be sending anything yet. The weather HAS warmed up a trifle, and many have said that they have seen a robin, which is the sign of spring here. Not much blooming yet, but the warmth is on its way because EVERYONE has been getting sick this past week. Good ol' rapid change in temperature. Poor Sis. A had a nasty cold and a couple Elders, investigators, and people from church have been suffering from a knarly flu. But all is well for now (knock on wood again) :)

This week we were able to meet and leave pamphlets with quite a few people when finding/tracting. One young woman said that she only answered the door because her grandmother just died and she is seeking some kind of comfort or hope. I was so pleased that she accepted the Plan of Salvation Pamphlet and let us offer a prayer for her and her family. I hope that she reads it and calls us back.

We taught Willie and Nikki about the Gospel of Jesus Christ over at the Loutensock's house and Bro. Loutensock gave amazing input regarding the Priesthood and baptism when Willie asked some questions about ordinances and church history. We were finally able to contact Lamar, a former investigator, and although he couldn't make it to church, there are a couple members who are helping us meet with him and his girlfriend so that he can learn more. We met with a new investigator, Aaron, and taught him the Plan of Salvation for like 2 hours on his back porch in the cold (since he was the only one home and we couldn't go in without another female present) and answered some questions he had regarding the doctrine of the church and what separates us from all the others. He agreed to read from the Book of Mormon and we are meeting with him again next week.

We were also able to stop by and visit Brandon on Saturday, and learned that the main reason why he won't come to church is because he is worried that his children will spill the beans with his parents, who are mainstream Jehovah's Witnesses. We ended up having a good discussion over parts of the Plan of Salvation and The Fall. We visited Jorie yesterday and went over the importance of praying with real intent. We got into a good discussion over receiving answers to prayers.

I am so thankful that we were able to contact so many new people and that our investigators are progressing and developing that desire to learn more and commit!

Love you all and I look forward to reading your letter! (Even if it's the same as this one :)


-Sister Weaver-

Reunited with my MTC Family
at New Missionary Training Meeting
A painting from Sister Lovelace's
(the woman we are going to the temple with).
She has painting/sketches from this
guy all over her house having to
do with the armor of God. SO COOL! 
Us and the little tots Spring was
babysitting. They were crazy! 
Cool Waukesha painting made by some
 Austistic children and their peers
Evelyn had fun doing our hair
(she wants to be a missionary too)



No comments:

Post a Comment